In MAXQDA’s Summary-Grid, for each document, you can write summaries for the segments of a code. In this way, you can, for example, record the key statements of interviewed persons per topic.
Using AI Assist, you can create the summary of coded segments automatically and then edit it.
How to create an automatic summary for already coded segments:
- Call Analysis > Summary Grid in the main menu.
- Click a blue square in the left area of the Summary Grid window to view the associated coded segments for the document and code in the right area.
- Start AI Assist by clicking on the corresponding icon as shown in the figure above.
- In the dialog that appears, select the language in which the summary should be written. AI Assist automatically detects the language of the coded segments. The segments’ languages can differ from the summary language and the segments can also differ in their languages.
After clicking OK, the summary is created automatically. This may take a few moments depending on the number and length of the segments. If a summary already exists, the new one will be added at the end.
- AI Assist provides very good results for very many use cases. Nevertheless, it is important that you check the results.
- If you analyze texts with critical content (violence, hate speech, bullying, etc.), summaries may not be created.
- Usually, you will receive the same summary for the same segments, but since AI Assist is always being optimized, you may receive a slightly different version when calling the function again at a later date.