Export adjacency matrix for network analysis software packages
If you want to perform a network analysis of categories with a program like Gephi, you can export the results of the Code Relations Browser as an adjacency matrix:
- Clicl the Export icon at the top right of the window.
- In the file dialog, select "Adjacency Matrix (*.xlsx)" as the file format.
MAXQDA exports the frequencies of relations as follows:
- The matrix is exported as if all codes were expanded.
- Codes, that are displayed only in the columns are added to the rows and vice versa. This creates a symmetrical matrix.
- If the name of a code occurs more than once, the name of the parent code is prefixed to ensure uniqueness of the code names.