MAXQDA provides basic functions for the statistical analysis of variables and makes it possible to create frequency tables and diagrams for individual variable values. For further analysis, such as cluster or factor analysis, it is necessary to export the data table of document or code variables in order to perform the statistical analysis in the appropriate program.
To export the variables:
- Click on the Export button in the toolbar of the Data Editor or select Variables > Export Document Variables or Export Code Variables.
- Give the exported file a name. You can also select exactly where you want to save the file.
- The following formats are suitable as file format for further processing in statistics programs:
- Excel (XLS/X)
- SPSS Data File (SAV), which is only available for the document variables and works fine in most statistics programs,
- SPSS Syntax File (SPS), which is only available for the document variables,
- Text (TXT, tab delimited)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Website (HTML).
- Select OK.