- Say hello to Spellchecking. Find and correct spelling errors in documents and memos – in English, German, and Español.
- Organize documents into subfolders. You can now add a second level to your document organization.
- Place timestamps evenly and automatically across a transcript in set time intervals to link it to a media file.
NEW TRANSCRIPT IMPORT OPTIONS
- Import transcripts that were created with the automatic transcription tool “Otter.ai”.
- Import transcripts that were created with the automatic transcription tool “Simon Says”.
- Import transcripts that were created with the automatic transcription tool “Sonix”.
NEW LITERATURE IMPORT
- Citavi is added as an additional source for literature data. Import full articles along with bibliographical data into MAXQDA.
TEXT FORMATTING OPTIONS
- Change the spacing before and after paragraphs.
- Justify text alignment in text documents, memos, and logbook entries.
- Resize images within text documents by clicking on the image and dragging the corners to make the image smaller or larger.
- Smarter timestamp recognition for transcripts with time information in the header section of the document. These sections often contain information about the length of a media file that is formatted like a time stamp. MAXQDA now analyzes multiple timestamps in a transcript and uses the most frequently used format to link transcript and audio.
- The autotext keyboard shortcuts in the transcription settings can now be up to three characters long.
- Import transcripts created with AmberScript in their new DOCX export format.
INTERACTIVE QUOTE MATRIX
- The Interactive Quote Matrix now displays code memos, so you can view and open the code memo while comparing coded segments.
- The Interactive Quote Matrix now has a search function so that you can quickly find words across all currently-displayed coded segments or summaries.
- The Interactive Quote Matrix is now used to display the results of the Mixed Methods functions “Side-by-Side Display” and “Qualitative Themes by Quantitative Groups”.
- Streamlined export dialogues. All export options are now listed in every export dialogue and named uniformly.
- Smoother layout for the automatic alignment of an uneven number of elements in a circle. The circle now places the elements starting at the top of the circle.
- After exporting a Code Map or a Document Map to MAXMaps, circles containing more than one code or document are exported as a group circle element and no longer split apart. The element name lists the codes or documents this circle represents.
- Elements and their connection lines created with the automatic map model builder are now placed on layers. This makes it easy to hide and show layers for presentations.
- After merging two projects, all of the maps in the merged project are re-linked to the appropriate elements to sustain an interactive connection between documents, codes, memos, etc.
- Open up the content of a Code Relations Browser matrix in an Interactive Quote Matrix.
- The initial selection was removed from the Code Matrix Browser and Code Relations Browser visualization, making it easier to take a screenshot. To highlight a row, simply click on an element in the matrix.
- The text displayed below a subcode or variable chart is now initially set to hidden. You can display and edit the text by clicking on the “Display text” icon in the chart settings.
- Optimized sizing while displaying coded image segments in the Side-by-Side Display function. The images are now larger and easier to read.
- Optimized color use while using the function “color-coded text” to change the text background to the color of the codes applied there. The colors are now more transparent to make the text easier to read, especially for dark code colors.
- Optimized handling of date/time variables while changing the computer system settings to a different date format. Date/time values in MAXQDA are now recognized and displayed in relation to the system settings.
- MAXQDA now remembers if you have changed in which order variables are displayed in frequency tables and shows the same order even if you close and reopen the table.
- Call up the Document Variable Statistics for a variable by right-clicking on the name of the variable in the Date Editor window.
- The Overview of Memos table now has a filter to limit the list to “Code Set Memos”
- Select multiple memos from the left area of the Memo Manager to drag & drop them into a new memo set all at once.
- Right-click on a code or coded segment to open a list of all memos linked to the code or coded segment from the context menu.
- The Creative Coding feature is no longer limited to codes with a maximum number of two subcode levels. You can organize codes from any hierarchical level of the code system with Creative Coding.
- You can now add a code memo to a newly-created code in the Creative Coding tool.
- When you open a current display as a Word or Excel file, MAXQDA now creates a new document (instead of a temporary file) and saves it to the selected location.
- While exporting an image document from the Document Browser, you can now choose from two image export formats: PNG and JPG.
- New warning message while trying to export a table to DOCX that exceeds the limit of columns supported by Word documents (63 columns).
- For better readability, the code headings in the Codebook export are now separated by two greater-than symbols (>>) instead of a backslash (\).
- Print multiple documents at once. The print option in the Reports menu tab can now print all of the currently activated documents at once – or save them as one PDF document.
- Optimized performance while performing lexical searches in PDF documents. Search result tables now appear up to 15 times faster.
- Optimized performance while analyzing word frequencies and word combinations. Result tables for these searches now appear twice as fast.
- Optimized performance while creating a Document Map with several hundred documents.
- Optimized performance while creating code relation models for models that include a large number of codes and coded segments.
- You can now view and categorize up to 2500 answers to open-ended questions in the Categorize Survey Data function. The previous limit was 1500 answers.
- Select multiple documents or codes within Document Sets and Code Sets at once.
- While importing webpages collected with the MAXQDA Web Collector, you can now choose to import “only new webpages”.
- Open the folder for external files directly from the MAXQDA menu entry “”External Files” to check which files are stored in the folder or to add new files.
- While selecting which documents should be stored in the external files folder, all documents are now ordered by their location in the document system.
- The Retrieved Segments window local search is now available even if the window is set to display segments in “Table View”.
- Use pinch-to-zoom on your trackpad to zoom in and out of PDF documents and images in the Document Browser window.
- After searching for text within a document, all of the search results are automatically highlighted in the text.
- Enter “*” followed by a space in a text document to start a new bullet-point list. Enter “1.” followed by a space in a text document to start a new numbered list.
- If the Multimedia Browser window is minimized, click the Multimedia Browser icon in the Document Browser to maximize the window again.
- MAXQDA now checks the project database consistency and can rebuild a database if an inconsistency is detected.
- Use the arrow keyboard buttons to switch between options in a message box.
- The message box that verifies the delete action for a code with subcodes now mentions the number of subcodes in the message text.
- The Document Browser toolbar now displays how many paragraphs there are in the current document next to the document name.
- Ignore Japanese particles while analyzing word frequencies for Japanese-based text.
- Fixes an issue while resizing the Document Map window.
- Fixes an issue where the current default weight score was not added to coded segments if they were coded by using the code icons in the Overview of Coded Segments table toolbar.
- Fixes an issue while combining the comments of two coded segments if only the second coded segment had a comment.
- Fixes an issue while converting decimal variables to integer variables where, in some cases, the new values became negative.
- Fixes an issue while displaying coded segments where double-clicking a node in the Crosstab did not call up the segments in the Retrieved Segments window.
- Fixes an issue while dragging a segment of text within a memo opened in a Memo Manager window with a reduced menu tab.
- Fixes an issue while exporting a Crosstab matrix as an image file (.png/.svg) where the subcodes in the image were reduced to one hierarchical layer. You can now export the crosstab with the full code hierarchy again.
- Fixes an issue while including linked code information while exporting memos from the Overview of Memos table to Word. Linked codes are now listed with each memo.
- Fixes an issue while including the sum information in Crosstab exports. If you hide the sum in the Crosstab, it is now no longer included in the exported image.
- Fixes an issue while moving documents via drag & drop into the Code Cloud visualization window where it was not possible to drop the documents onto the appropriate field. The documents can now be selected via drag & drop again.
- Fixes an issue while not being able to limit an Extended Lexical Search query to the content of the Retrieved Segments window. You can now limit the search to the currently-retrieved coded segments.
- Fixes an issue while opening a Windows media video (.wmv) in the Multimedia Browser on a Mac. MAXQDA now notifies the user that this Windows-specific format can not be viewed on a Mac.
- Fixes an issue while recoding coded segments from the Retrieved Segments window via drag & drop where the window was emptied after dropping the segment onto a code.
- Fixes an issue while saving a copy of a project file if the most recent edits in a currently-opened memo have not yet been saved. MAXQDA now asks if the last edits should be saved before creating a copy of the project.
- Fixes an issue where MAXQDA used an increasing amount of memory in specific projects if the activation pattern is changed while a large number of segments is displayed in the Retrieved Segments window.
- Fixes an issue while selecting values for the characters of focus group contributions in the Crosstab for Focus Groups where the value drop-down menu only showed 0.
- Fixes an issue while using the same calculation for code relationships as the Code Relations Browser in MAXMap`s Code-Co-occurrence template.
- Fixes an unresponsive context menu option in the MAXDictio Dictionaries to copy categories and search items from one dictionary to another