The free MAXReader
Everyone can now view, search for, browse and “dig through” data using the MAXReader. However, data editing and applying codes is still only available to MAXQDA license holders.
What is the purpose of the Reader?
- Knowledge Management – All knowledge resources (e.g. in organizations) can be made available to specific target groups without manipulation of the data.
- Evaluation – Examiners are able to easily see and understand their student’s project data.
- Research Centers, Museums or Libraries – Data can be made accessible for viewing without giving any control away that might lead to changes in the original data.
- Teaching – Professors can view their student’s project data in order to comment on their work. Real project read-only files allow you to track and discuss distinct stages of the qualitative data analysis process.
- In Teamwork – Teams can track and discuss several stages and steps throughout the analytical process on un-editable files. You can then easily distribute these uneditable materials within a research institute.
With the free MAXReader, you can:
- Understand different steps of the analysis
- Read documents and memos
- View codes
- Activate documents and codes
- Conduct a Text Retrieval
- Print Documents
- Export: Code System, Document System, Retrieved Segments, Document Browser
- Create visualizations with the help of the Document Portrait, Codeline, Code Matrix Browser and Code Relations Browser, and the Document Comparison Chart
- Create overviews of: memos, links, attributes, code frequencies, Retrieved Segments
- Search for specific terms
Download MAXReader 10
Download the free MAXReader 10 to open and browse MAXQDA 10 projects (.mx4 file format). Download MAXReader 10
Coming Soon – MAXReader 11
We are currently working on the new version of MAXReader for Windows and Mac. Until then you can export your MAXQDA 11 projects in the .mx4 format and open them with the MAXReader 10.