- State-of-the-art Text Analysis Software. Easily analyse texts, articles, interviews, focus groups, e-books, PDFs, literature reviews, website content, and more
- Wide range of text visualization tools: word frequencies, word clouds, text comparison charts, tables, concept maps, and more
- Supports text exploration and analysis with dictionary and quantitative text analysis tools
- Easy to use and learn thanks to its user-friendly interface. We also offer a wide range of free video tutorials and other learning materials ideal for new users
- 100% identical on Windows and Mac
Free MAXQDA Trial for Windows and Mac
Download our free and fully functional trial version and try MAXQDA with your own research data – or use the included example projects. Once you’ve filled out the form below you’ll receive an e-mail with the download link and free learning resources like our video tutorials and manuals.
Core features of MAXQDA for Text Analysis
All-in-one Text Analysis Software
Use MAXQDA to manage your entire research project. Easily import data from texts, interviews, focus groups, PDFs, web pages, spreadsheets, articles, e-books, and even tweets.
Organize your data in groups, link relevant quotes to each other, and share and compare work with your team members. Your project file stays flexible and you can expand and refine your category system as you go to suit your research.
Search & code your data
Search for keywords in your data, memos and coded segments and use MAXQDA to automatically code them. Make use of the advanced search functions that offer you everything you might expect from professional data analysis software – and with the integration of retrieval and lemma functions, Boolean operators and wildcards, probably a little more.
Keyword in context
Use the tools offered by MAXDictio, our module for quantitative text analysis, to find even more in your data. Are you interested in the use of certain terms in your material? Use the Keyword-in-context feature to display all word locations and their (freely defineable) context in an interactive result table.
Visual Text Exploration
Explore the content and structure of your text without coding in advance, for example with MAXDictio’s Interactive Word Tree. It visualizes all the combinations that lead to or from any word of your choice, including a detailed display of frequencies.
Modern illustrations for word frequencies: Our word cloud generator with predefined layouts, color schemes and endless possibilities to adapt your cloud – not just to fit your presentation style, but to give you deeper insights into your data.
With the Document Portrait you will be able to tell at a glance which factors played an important role at what point of your interviews. You can of course change the assignment of colors at any time throughout your analytical process with a few clicks.