Terms & Conditions
Contract and services
(1) A legally binding contract on the participation at the conference will be formed between you and VERBI Software – Consult – Sozialforschung GmbH (VERBI GmbH) as soon as you have receipt your confirmation of registration via e-mail.
(2) With respect to services provided by VERBI GmbH the place, time, duration and content as indicated on the MAXQDA website at the point of registration shall apply.
2. Working and teaching material
(1) Some workshops require you to bring your own notebook, on which specific software must be installed as stated in the workshop description.
(2) During most workshops you will receive work sheets and exercise files. These are subject to copyright and cannot be copied, distributed or used otherwise without authorization by VERBI GmbH
3. Certificates of attendance
At the end of every workshop, the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
4. Workshop Fees
(1) Unless otherwise indicated, each half-day workshop unit costs 80 Euro.
(2) Doctoral students and students are charged a reduced fee of 50 Euro per half-day workshop. Proof of enrollment (e.g. valid student ID, written confirmation from an advisor or university) must be submitted.
(3) Unless otherwise indicated, each full-day workshops costs 120 Euro (reduced fee: 80 Euro).
5. Terms of payment
(1) Every registration is binding and commits you to the payment of the fees, irrespective of actual attendance. Immediately after the registration you will receive the invoice by e-mail. The payment has to be made to the bank account stated in the invoice within 14 days.
(2) In case VERBI GmbH does not receive the payment within 21 days after your receipt of the invoice, your entitlement to a workshop seat expires.
Cancellations of workshop bookings are subject to the following conditions:
- up to 2 weeks before first day of conference: 10% of workshop fees
- up to 1 week before first day of conference: 30% of workshop fees
- less than 1 week before first day of conference: full workshop fees
7. Changes due to organizational reasons
(1) If a workshop is cancelled due to lack of participants or for any other unforeseeable reason (such as illness), full workshop fees will be reimbursed. Alternatively, you may choose to participate in a different workshop.
(2) There is no entitlement to reimbursement if a workshop is held by a person different from the person announced to hold the workshop at the time of booking.
8. Limited liability
(1) VERBI GmbH does not accept any liability for theft, accidents or other damages to the participants or their property during the workshop.
(2) VERBI GmbH does not accept any liability during participants’ trip to and from the workshop.
9. Right of cancellation
The following terms are valid only for participants who made their registration from a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Right of withdrawal
As long as you book workshops as a consumer (not as part of commercial or independent professional activity), you have the right to withdraw from the contract in written form (e.g. by letter, fax or e-mail) within 14 days and without stating reasons. The deadline commences with the receipt of the confirmation of registration by e-mail.
Compliance with the withdrawal period shall be determined on the basis of the sending date of the written withdrawal note.
Withdrawal notes must be sent to the following address: VERBI Software GmbH, Invalidenstraße 74, 10557 Berlin; Fax: +49 (0)30 206 22 59 – 29;
Consequences of cancellation
In case of a valid cancellation of the contract, all payments received will be reimbursed within 30 days.
The right of cancellation will be lost prematurely if you have already participated in a workshop before making use of your right of cancellation.
End of information on the right of cancellation
Last revised: October 29th, 2015