MAXQDA

Export Problems /Code Variables

16.08.2023, 13:33

I have imported the raw data as an Excel file. At the beginning there is another column with the the reference to the person, which is not coded. You can also import each person as a separate document, but for the overview the option to import the table as one document was better. Also for the intercoder match.

Now that everything has been coded, I wanted to export. But I can't find a way to have the table AND the codes exported as additional columns....
You can either a) re-export only the raw file/table, then you have re-exported the table you inserted, or b) export the coded segments - but they are not exported with the AS (reference of the people) or with the table in connection.... What can I do?

When I transform the codes into "document variables", it doesnt help. I would like to have the possibility to export the codes as additional columns to the imported ecxel file - as it happens, wenn you import each person as a document and then export the codes as code variables.

Is there an option I can do that?

Version: MAXQDA 2022
System: Mac OS X 11.x (Big Sur)
diekokreative

Re: Export Problems /Code Variables

23.08.2023, 12:39

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we do not see a way to create such an export based on a table document at the moment. We gladly take this as feedback to improve the functionality of the export for table documents.

Here, it would have been the better solution to import the table as separate documents.

You can export the coded segments from the overview of coded segments. In the column "beginning" you can see where the coded segment is coming from. This takes the form "column|row". In Excel you could use "Data > Text to column" to split the column at the "|" (see attached).

This will allow you to sort the coded segments by the respondents (lines) and to easily filter them in Excel.

I hope that helps!

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Wolfgang
Attachments
split column.jpg
split column.jpg (157.96 KiB) Viewed 30529 times
Wolfgang Meyer

Return to Technical Questions