MAXQDA

renaming document variables

21.10.2021, 19:57

I've just tried to rename a document variable and it's adding a numerical suffix of 001. I wondered if it was because it was a variable in the system - specifically, I was trying to rename it from Nickname to Firstname (and then various forms of that) but each time, it adds 001 or 002 or (once I retried renaming) 001001 to the variable name. I've double checked - I don't have any other variables with these names.

Does anyone have any tips? I can't find anything in the manual or forums that suggests why it's doing this.

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
laryssaw

Re: renaming document variables

27.10.2021, 15:19

Daer laryssaw,

Thank you for posting here!

Usually, you should be able to rename variables by double-clicking on the variables name in the "List of variables" without a suffix being added to the variables name.

May we ask you to contact our support team directly and sending them your project file for examination? You can contact our support team via the following online form:
https://www.maxqda.com/help-support/onlinesupport

Thank you and kind regards on behalf of MAXQDA,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Re: renaming document variables

27.10.2021, 15:55

Thanks Maren, will do.
Laryssa
laryssaw

Return to Technical Questions