MAXQDA Photo Contest
We proudly present the 2020 contest winners:
“Research, Religious, Reflection”
by Clarence Batan
by Rafael Bittencourt Rodrigues Lopes
“Any Street in New Orleans”
by David Francis
“Cold journey through the culinary spaces of northern Sweden”
by Annica Långvall
“Coffee growing needs young people”
by Yair Merlin
Click here to read about the winners in the MAXQDA Research Blog. Find out more about the research behind these photos and why they were chosen, as well as see the seven photos chosen as Honorable Mentions for the this year’s #PictureYourResearch contest:
MAXQDA Photo Contest – #PictureYourResearch
Picture yourself in the field:
Share a glimpse into your day-to-day life as a researcher with the MAXQDA community
The fifth-annual MAXQDA Photo Contest is here! Hundreds of researchers from around the world have sent us their incredible snaps of life in the field and each year, five talented photographers were featured here on the MAXQDA website, on our social media, and on our VERBI Software holiday prints. Due to the overwhelming popularity of the contest, we have decided to do it again this summer!
Working on a research project brings you to places you might never have discovered otherwise. You look at the world around you while asking questions about places, situations, relationships, and other details of life and society. VERBI Software is interested in your unique perspective and would like to invite you to share it with our global community!
Exposure & Publicity
The top photographs and research projects will be featured on the MAXQDA website, social media, and holiday prints.
The top 5 will receive a $50 USD gift certificate for Amazon (or an in-country equivalent e-commerce website).
Each photographer will automatically be entered into a raffle to win a 1-year MAXQDA Analytics Pro license.
How to Take Part:
1. Upload Your Photo
Upload your favorite research photo (highest resolution possible – min. 1.5 MB in size) by September 22nd, 2020 using the form below. Don’t forget to share some of the background information about your photo, such as: what is the context in which the picture was taken? Who is featured in the image? And at what point during your research journey was it taken? This information will be taken into account by the selection committee (see selection criteria below).
2. Share Your Submission on Social Media
Share your photo on your social media platform(s) of choice using the hashtags #PictureYourResearch and #MAXQDAPhotoContest and tag us in the caption
@VerbiSoftware or @MAXQDA so our community can learn more about your research project.
- All entries must be submitted by September 22nd, 2020 at the latest.
- By submitting this photograph, you are also verifying that you have obtained the consent of all persons depicted to use their image.
- By submitting this photograph, you are also verifying that you have taken the image yourself and have all rights thereto.
- By submitting this photograph, you grant VERBI Software GmbH permission to use the image for various web and print media (including your name for crediting purposes). You also grant permission to allow the image to be edited, if necessary, for presentation purposes.
- VERBI Software GmbH employees and their relatives are not eligible to win.
The submission deadline of the 2020 MAXQDA Photo Contest has passed.
The name of the contest, #PictureYourResearch, symbolically contains all of the selection criteria that will be used by the MAXQDA Photo Contest Selection Committee to choose the winners and honorable mentions:
- Picture: We are looking for interesting and eye-catching photographs – moments from your research that mean something to you.
Photographs submitted must be 1.5MB – 10MB in size and the content of the picture should be clearly recognizable.
- Your: We are looking for insights into your research project(s).
Please only submit photos taken by you or photos from your research that you have full permission to publish.
- Research: The creativity and completeness of your photo description will be taken into account by the Selection Committee.
We also kindly request that you write the description in English or German. Non-native-speaker status will not affect your chances of winning.
MAXQDA Photo Contest 2020 key image “Reflections” by Jose Pablo Valverde.
The picture shows people fishing in Bañado La Estrella, Argentina at sunset. It symbolically represents the tension between indigenous communities and modern economic development: To the left is El Bañado, the second largest wetland in Argentina and to the right is the bridge on Route 28.