MAXQDA

Images not being pulled in by Web Collector

07.04.2021, 15:33

I'm in the process of collecting online media stories for analysis in MaxQDA, but the Web Collector plug-in is not pulling in the photographs that are part of the stories. This is particularly frustrating because the analysis of images is critical to my project, and the Web Collector feature was one of the main reasons why I chose MaxQDA over other software programs.

Everything is the most recent version, I have troubleshooted quite a bit but with no success. Can someone please help with this?

Here is an example of a media story in which MaxQDA does not pull in the story's photograph:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/09/texas-mexico-detention-center-serco-obama-administration

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
cmj130

Re: Images not being pulled in by Web Collector

12.04.2021, 13:09

Hello!

Thank you for notifying us of this case. We tried it with your example and can confirm that the images are not included here. We have forwarded this as feedback to our IT to improve the functionality of the WebCollector and to support a wider range of websites.

For now, the simplest work around would be the save the website as a PDF file via the "Print to PDF" function of your PC or MAC. The resulting PDF file you can easily import into MAXQDA.

I hope this helps! Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Return to Technical Questions