MAXQDA

Tabs and windows don't display properly

04.11.2020, 21:08

Hi,

I have encountered this display issue since the last three updates (if my memory serves me right). So if I just open the project, the display is okay. But after clicking on the tabs or some pop-up windows several times (especially "Lexical search", I use it a lot), the display is like a glitch, see the .gif below.

Hope someone could help fix it. Many thanks!

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
ygjose

Re: Tabs and windows don't display properly

05.11.2020, 09:27

Hi!

Thank you for posting here, and especially for the helpful GIF!

It looks like the file containing your user settings might be corrupted. To rule this out, please reset your user settings as follows:

- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the MAXQDA interface
- Check the box next to "Reset user settings"
- MAXQDA will need to restart

Please be aware that due to this your list of recently opened projects will be emptied. Your MAXQDA project files remain untouched at the location they were saved at and can be opened through "Open existing project" > "other project" > "OK".

Does this help?

Best regards,

MAXQDA Support team
Aikokul

05.11.2020, 21:00

Hi Aikokul,

Thank you very much for your help! The "glitch" seems to be fixed after the reset and test on my Macbook. But there remains a similar glitch: if I hover my mouse over the codes of the sidebar, the pop-up doesn't display properly (see the .gif below)

Do you have any idea how this happens? Thanks again!
ygjose

06.11.2020, 11:51

Hi,

It is quite an interesting behavior, which we need to examine more carefully. Could you please send us a ticket with your project file via online support?
https://www.maxqda.com/function-support

Additionally, we kindly ask you to send us the file "MAXQDA 2020_Support.zip" from your computer, which may also help us to identify the issue. You can find the file in MAXQDA under "? > Export support file".

Best regards from MAXQDA,

Aikokul
Aikokul

06.11.2020, 19:10

Hi Aikokul,

Thanks for your reply! It's the same project file that I reported had issues in another thread (https://www.maxqda.com/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1516). So I already sent several files (including support file) to technical support team last time. Could you check that? And perhaps Andreas knows better my last email query.

Best,

Gang
ygjose

11.11.2020, 12:53

Hi Gang,

Thanks for the reply! The good news is: this behaviour isn't related to your data.

But unfortunatley, this is a very rare behaviour that only occurs in connection with OS HighSierra. Maybe it could be a possibility for you to update your operating system? With newer operating systems the tooltips are displayed properly.

Kind regards from MAXQDA,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

11.11.2020, 19:24

Hi Maren,

Thanks for your reply! Ok, I probably upgrade to Big Sur, the latest version of MacOS. But I'm a little worried about its compatibility with MAXQDA. Could you confirm whether it is safe to upgrade the system now or should I wait the new release of MAXQDA?

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Gang
ygjose

16.11.2020, 11:09

Hi Gang,

Sorry for the late reply - we were waiting for a definite answer to your question from our technical department. It confirmed that we've already tested MAXQDA 2020 with Big Sur and found no compatibility problems. So MAXQDA should work there much better than with HighSierra. Should you encounter further issues, please contact our support team and you'll receive a reply within one day: https://www.maxqda.com/function-support

With best regards from MAXQDA

Aikokul
Aikokul

17.11.2020, 11:08

Hi Aikokul,

Thanks for your helpful info! I think I'm going to update my system soon. If I encounter any issues, I'll let you know.

Best,

Gang
ygjose

Return to Technical Questions