Excel table with codes and the corresponding documents?

11.07.2017, 16:18

Dear MAXQDA Team,

First of all, great software! I use it for my master's thesis and I like the easy handling.
For my master's thesis I need an appendix with the codes and the sources (which are the documents). Is it possible to retrieve the data in MAXQDA as an Excel file? I know that it is possible to retrieve the data and the documents separately. However, I need the codes individually with the corresponding sources. Is that possible?

Thank you! :)

Greetings,
s_dayo

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Windows 10
s_dayo

Re: Excel table with codes and the corresponding documents?

11.07.2017, 16:58

Dear s_dayo,

thanks for the question and your positive feedback, we're happy to hear that :-)

First of all I can tell you that there are really a lot of ways to export coded segments. Question is: How do you want them your appendix?

To get a report with all of the codes and their respective coded segments (+ source information, which is always added afaik), you could simply let MAXQDA do all the work and generate a nice appendix automatically with the "Smart Publisher":

http://www.maxqda.com/help-max12/report ... -publisher

You can also activate codes and export their respective coded segments directly in the "Retrieved Segments"-window (fifth button from the left, blue door with red arrow).

To print out coded segments ordered by document variables, use the "Quote Matrix" (in section "Mixed Methods"):

http://www.maxqda.com/help-max12/mixed- ... ote-matrix

More export options (if you want to export your code system without the coded segments for example) can be found under "MAXQDA > Export..." . You can read more about the whole topic here:

http://www.maxqda.com/max12-tutorial/l-1-export-options

Please note that with all of those export options, you can not only export to excel, but also other formats like html (best overview), or rtf/txt (better for copying in a word document).

I hope this helps! If not, or in case of any other questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

18.07.2017, 10:19

Hi Andreas,

Thank for your fast reply. I tried your options but I could not get the result I want. Basically, I just want a plain table with the codes and the documents. I do not need the coded segments.
The quote matrix was already pretty close to what I want but it also prints the coded segments which I do not need. Is there any way to retrieve only codes and the corresponding documents?

Thank you!

Kind regards
s_dayo
s_dayo

18.07.2017, 17:08

MAXQDA Support Team
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions