Mendeley document import?

17.10.2016, 00:59

I saw a video where a user was able to bring PDFs into MaxQDA with the highlighting that she had done in Mendeley. I can't figure out how to do it, though, and was hoping someone here had tried and was successful. (I figured out how to bring in the bib data, but I want the whole document so that I can build a lit review.)

Thanks!

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
EBS

Re: Mendeley document import?

17.10.2016, 13:14

Hi EBS,

Many thanks for your post. We are not aware of any function to import the Mendeley PDFs with highlighting and/or coding. If you could post the link to the video here, we would be happy to have look at it. Maybe she had exported the PDFs with highlighted areas - if this works in Mendeley ... ?!

If you can export the PDF from Mendeley into a folder you can import the folder at once into MAXQDA by dragging it into the "Document System" window. Maybe this helps for the moment.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
Stefan Rädiker

17.10.2016, 16:54

Stefan,
Thank you so much for your very prompt response. I found the information I mentioned in this video: https://vimeo.com/174720408. You were quite right, however. I am able to export the documents from Mendeley, and then add the documents to my MaxQDA project. (For others who might be having this issue, it seems that I have to open the PDF within Mendeley in order to see the option "Export PDF with annotations" in the "File" menu.)

E
EBS

17.10.2016, 18:57

Hi EBS,

Thanks for the link, that is very interesting. I am happy to hear, that you could figure it out how to export PDF with annotations.

Best regards,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
Stefan Rädiker

Return to Technical Questions