MAXQDA

Same text segment to the same code twice (or multiple times)

Moderator: srueger

Same text segment to the same code twice (or multiple times)

08.05.2017, 13:06

Hello,

I have a problem that overcame me when I started coding yesterday. Earlier I had this problem as well but I thought that it had to do something with the old MaxQDA 10 and I thought that it was fixed in the mean time.

For example take an sentence as ‘I am an open creative sensitive enthusiastic extrovert person’.
In this sentence I would like to code the missing comma's in the numeration between all adjectives.
So I want to code ‘open creative’ in the Code 'no comma in numeration' because there should be a comma between open and creative.
But then again at the same I want 'creative sensitive' in this similar Code 'no comma in numeration'. When I select and drag ‘open creative’ into this Code I indeed see that it is part of the code. But if I then select ‘creative sensitive’ and drag into the Code, this newer selected part 'creative sensitive' replaces the ‘open creative’.
This is not what I want as I want them both to be part of the same code, including one word twice, both in combination with ‘open’ and ‘sensitive’.
How am I supposed to do this?

I'll be happy to hear from you!

Thanks in advance,

Tess van der Zanden

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Windows 7
tessvanderzanden

Return to Feature Requests