MAXQDA

Allow drag-and-drop coding while in 'Editing' mode

Moderator: srueger

Allow drag-and-drop coding while in 'Editing' mode

21.03.2017, 20:56

Hi

Please re-allow drag-and-dropping coding of selected text within a document, even while the document is in 'editing' mode.

I usually edit and code at the same time. But now, every time I drag a code onto some selected text, it does not work and the document rather jumps to its beginning (it only works when I drag the text onto the code, which is less intuitive). This was not the case in MAXQDA 11.

If you could re-allow the drag-and-drop coding regardless of whether the document is in 'editing' mode or not, it would be very helpful.

(For me personally, I do not see the need for having the 'Editing on/off' option as such, but I'm sure others may disagree.)

P.S. a smaller request: could you please make it possible to stop seeing the constant pop-up message which recommends not to keep one's MAXQDA files within a Dropbox folder? i do need to keep my file within a Dropbox folder (with backups elsewhere), and so the message comes up every time the software launches.

Thank you

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Windows 7
lauri

Re: Allow drag-and-drop coding while in 'Editing' mode

05.04.2017, 10:59

Dear lauri,

[quote:1jadf44t]I usually edit and code at the same time. But now, every time I drag a code onto some selected text, it does not work and the document rather jumps to its beginning (it only works when I drag the text onto the code, which is less intuitive).[/quote:1jadf44t]

Due to technical reasons it is not possible to drag a code onto a selected text in edit mode. But if you drag the code onto the grey area where the coding stripes appear the selected text will be coded (see attachment).

[quote:1jadf44t]could you please make it possible to stop seeing the constant pop-up message which recommends not to keep one's MAXQDA files within a Dropbox folder? i do need to keep my file within a Dropbox folder (with backups elsewhere), and so the message comes up every time the software launches.[/quote:1jadf44t]

We will discuss whether it makes sense to alow users hiding the pop up message permanently.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team
Malte
Attachments
coding edit mode.PNG
coding edit mode.PNG (146.49 KiB) Viewed 6129 times
Malte Hilker
Manager Product Development & Evaluation, MAXQDA team
Malte Hilker

Return to Feature Requests