MAXQDA

Please bring back the Help menu!

11.12.2017, 13:07

Just demoing MQ 2018 & it appears that the Help menu in the menu bar is no longer there. This is a big step backwards for Mac users - in MQ 12 the Help menu would allow the standard MacOS behavior of offering a search box to search the menu system. This was a great affordance for a program with many complex menus like MQ 12. One can still access the online help via the Home menu but losing the search capability is rather frustrating.

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra)
derickfay

Re: Please bring back the Help menu!

11.12.2017, 17:50

I believe the help menu just shrank and took a bit of a walk to the upper right corner – you can now access it by clicking on the little question mark (right next to preferences and the little smilie that's a shortcut for suggestions or feedback). I hope this little question-mark-menu still offers the search box? I just checked but I can't even summon it in MQ12... (I'm really not proficient with Macs....)
Andreas V.

14.12.2017, 00:43

On Mac, go to the left menu called Home, and it's all the way on the bottom. Now that is very UnMac friendly.

My current research:

http://www.FredSahakian.com

Toolkit: Bookends, MaxQDA, PDF Expert, IA Writer, MindNode, OmniFocus, SwiftText, DEVONthink, Alfred, and ClipMenu
FredS

20.12.2017, 13:06

Yes, the menu is there but the search menu is not available. So many compromises to make this program cross-platform you might as well not be on a Mac.
derickfay

Return to Feature Requests