MAXQDA

About statistical processing of MAXQDA visualization tool

About statistical processing of MAXQDA visualization tool

04.08.2017, 08:35

Hello everyone.

I have a question about the visualization tool.

In Code Matrix Browser or Inter-Code Relation Builder (Browser?), It seems that you can output the corresponding number with variable or corresponding code.

Can I use stats processing by maxqda Analyze Pro for the table of that number? (Eg correlation test, crosstab χ 2 test)

Version: MAXQDA 12
System: Windows 7
satoshi sasamura

Re: About statistical processing of MAXQDA visualization too

07.08.2017, 16:56

Hello Satoshi Sasamura,

thank you for your question! Unfortunately I couldn't help you with the question about Mixed Methods, but with this one I feel more confident.

Let us say you have many respondents, and some of them (it seems on first glance) talk very often about a certain topic (let's say icecream) in a certain way (very positive). Now you want to know if there is a correlation between talking about icecream positively and the place where the interview was conducted (maybe being in Chile makes you see icecream more positive then.. being in Iceland). So how to proceed?

First, you retrieve all the overlapping codes (Icecream/very positive) by selecting "Analysis > Complex Retrieval" and then "Overlapping". (You can also click on a square in the Code-Relations-Browser, that will do the same). Then you code the retrieval with a new code ("Icecream seen very positively). Then you right-click on this new code, and select "transform into document variable". That will give you the number of occurences of "Icecream seen positively" for every single document/respondent. Now you can use stats to check for correlations between this number and other variables like country/temperature etc.

I hope this helps! If not, or if I missed the point, please don't hesitate to write to us again.

Kind regards,

Andreas
Andreas V.

07.09.2017, 02:09

I am always grateful for your help

I downloaded the trial version of MAXQDA 11 before and I was able to write my master thesis. Currently, we purchase MAXQDA 12 Plus as a portable license.

It is a question. Although I seem to be able to download the MAXQDA Analytics pro function for 14 days, I can not download it successfully. It seems that the mail address is being repaired. Also, even if I can download it, due to PC MAXQDA data, the period of the trial version

Previously, if you were using the trial version, can not you download the trial version of MAXQDA Analytics pro?
satoshi sasamura

07.09.2017, 16:17

Hello again,

hm yes, I'm afraid that the demo of MAXQDA 12 is in fact a demo of MAXQDA Analytics Pro – so if you have used the demo already, it's not going to work again on the same PC. You'll need to use your portable license for that PC in the future.
Kind regards,

Andreas
Andreas V.

09.09.2017, 11:00

Thank you very much.
Before buying maxqda 12, I may have tried the standard version with 12 trial versions.
I remembered that the trial version of the agency website in Japan was not limited to all the 12 functions, but limited to the standard version.

If I had an analytics pro, I could have a new analysis.
Without results, budget application is difficult ...

But I will do my best.
satoshi sasamura

11.09.2017, 09:04

Dear Satoshi Sasamura,

please check your personal messages (PM) here in this board.
Kind regards,
Andreas
Andreas V.

Return to MAXQDA in Research