MAXQDA

How to code multiple test-subjects in same video

01.10.2020, 12:18

Dear fellow researchers,
I want to code the behavior of seven test-subjects that have been recorded in the same video. My research is interested in the inter relatedness of certain actions by different people in collaborative processes.

For this I have already a coding scheme that maps certain actions that I'm interested in but I don't yet have found a way to assign these actions in the video to specific people. Of course I could copy the same coding system for each individual and have their name as root-code. However that means that if I want to make any changes to any of the action codes I have to do this seven times. Also later I want to compare actions with the same code in-between the different test-subjects.

There must be a better way to do this, any advice?
Thank you.

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
Joris Weijdom

Re: How to code multiple test-subjects in same video

07.10.2020, 12:21

Hi Joris,

Just to clarify one thing: Are you going to transcribe your video and/or describe the actions taking place in the video in the minutes? If you intend to code only the video, the analysis you have in mind would be difficult to implement.

Best!
Aikokul

Return to MAXQDA in Research