Coded Segment Comments in Maxmaps

22.02.2016, 03:55

Hello,

I'm currently trying to place coded segments in maxmaps (with version 12) and I'd like to see the comments that I put in using the 'overview of coded segments' table. Right now, I'm only seeing ways to label segments with the name of the code or the entire coded segment. When I've used version 11, the comments show up automatically. What can I do to see the comments as the segment label maxmaps? .

Thanks for your help!
cgirod

Re: Coded Segment Comments in Maxmaps

22.02.2016, 15:47

Additionally,

I converted my project and tried to use version 11 to make my maps, but when I transferred the file back to version 12, more 500 new (blank) maps were created in addition to the one I meant to create. Is there some easy way to work around all this and view my comments in maxmaps?

I can see the comments when I transfer segments usiing the 'one code' model, but I can only transfer 25 segments at most, and I need to transfer a minimum of 68 comments for each code.

Thanks for your help!
cgirod

Re: Coded Segment Comments in Maxmaps

24.02.2016, 15:00

Hello cgirod,

Many thanks for your post. We see the issue: in MAXQDA 11 Win the comment for a coded segment was inserted in a map instead of the code name, in MAXQDA 12 only the code name. We will improve this for MAXQDA 12.1.1

Regarding the 500 empty maps: do you use the latest versions of MAXQDA 12 and 11? We have integrated an automatic "tidy up" for these maps. If you can't delete them on your own after updating your installation, please contact our support team.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
Stefan Rädiker

Return to Technical Questions