Cannot open MAX after upgrade!!

18.12.2015, 18:28

I was prompted to upgrade MAXQDA when I opened the file so I did so. Now I cannot open any of my old files. I either get a message that MAXQDA11 2 does not work with this versin of OSX (I have Maverick) and that I may need to reinstall the application (which I'm scared to do so because I don't want to lose all of the work I've done in old files - A LOT of work). Or I get a message that says the MAX license is for a different computer (which is not true. I've only ever used it on this computer).

If I need to reinstall the application, how can I do so to ensure I won't lose any of my prior MAX files?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Jackie

Re: Cannot open MAX after upgrade!!

18.12.2015, 18:39

I made a mistake. My OSX is Yosemite 10.10.5.
Jackie

21.12.2015, 09:22

Hi Jackie,

many thanks for your post. We kindly ask you to contact our online support team via this formula:
http://www.maxqda.com/help-support/onlinesupport (at the bottom of the page).

Please include your MAXQDA serial number in the request (if you have access to it).

I am sure they will help you to get your installation working.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
Stefan Rädiker

21.12.2015, 22:02

I went through something similar. Tech support was able to help me after I sent them my file. I had a large file and had to use DropBox to give them access. My problem was that several PDFs became corrupt many months earlier and I never noticed any issues while using version 11. In version 12, they introduced corruption checking and it wouldn't let me open my file any longer. I hope that is not what you are going through. I was able to get my data back thanks to the great support, but it did take a little time due to the time zone difference. Hang in there!
FredS

22.12.2015, 00:11

Thank you. I contacted the online support team directly and they helped me fix it. Basically I had to delete the program and reinstall it on my computer. All of my files remained in tact (thank god!)
Jackie

Return to Technical Questions