Shortcut to overview of retrieved segments (MAC v11.2.1)

18.03.2015, 10:49

hello
is there a shortcut to the overview of retrieved segments on the MAC version, rather than having to go via the retrieved segments window then clicking on 'overview of retrieved segments'? Right clicking on an active document and choosing overview brings up all codes (not just activated ones) and right clicking on an active code brings up segments from all documents not just activated ones. Basically I need a shortcut to bring up an overview of all retrieved segments from activated codes in activated documents.

Also if I make changes to codes or comments attached to them whilst the overview is up, it doesn't updated automatically. I have to close it then reopen. Is there a way to change functionality to have a 'live' overview of retrieved segments?

Many thanks

Ross
Ross Adamson

Re: Shortcut to overview of retrieved segments (MAC v11.2.1)

18.03.2015, 14:52

Hi Ross,

no there is no shortcut, but you could switch to the table view in the Retrieved Segments window: if you click on the button "Change to table view" in t hte Retrieved Segments window title MAXQDa changes the view in this window to the same layout that is used in the "Overview of coded segments" window.

We can't reproduce the issue that the comment is not updated, and are not 100% sure that we found the issue with updating the Overview table that you are experiencing when updating a code. Could you give us some more information about this? Maybe a screenshot of the whole interface after there has been no update? This would be very helpful.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA team,
Stefan
Dr Stefan Rädiker
Training, Coaching, Analysis for Research & Evaluation
Stefan Rädiker

Re: Shortcut to overview of retrieved segments (MAC v11.2.1)

19.03.2015, 11:24

Thanks Stefan,

the 'change to table view' helps. Next time I notice the issue with updating I'll send a screen shot.

Many thanks
Ross
Ross Adamson

Return to Technical Questions