Demo version and MaxDictio

01.08.2012, 09:22

Dear users and support team,

i am using the demo version from maxqda to write a content analysis. I need to use the fool options of Max Dictio for it. But when every time a try to do something in the tab Max Dictio, a message appear " This function is part of MaxDictio, a plug-in of MAXQDA which is not included in the standard version". And when I try to do determine "word frequencies" , the frequencies are calculated but symbols appear instead of letters.

I really need this function. What am I supposed to do? Download an other trial version ?

Thanks ahead for your answer :)

Camille
ca5943

Re: Demo version and MaxDictio

01.08.2012, 13:12

Hi,

the pop-up just informs you that MAXDictio is only part of MAXQDAplus, just as a reminder so that you don't end up thinking that MAXDictio is included in every version. So no need to worry about that.

For the second problem, i would try to reset the user settings ("Project" > "Option" > "Reset user settings") once. If that does not help, this might be a case for the online support. Please send them a screenshot too, and give a bit more information about the text you are analyzing and the language your computer/MAXQDA uses. I have never heard of this issue before.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Gerson
MAXQDA Team
Julia Gerson

07.08.2012, 08:14

Thanks.

I found the answer to my problem. I am using a virtual machine to use Maxqda on a Mac. I have no clue if it was related to my problem but I changed the format of the documents I was using from pdf to rtf and in miracoulously Maxdictio was working normally.

Thanks again.
ca5943

19.02.2013, 14:21

Hello man. I was also facing the problem of using virtual machine with Maxqda on a Mac. I am very pleased to find the solution of the problem. Thank you so much for posting your problem here as this also lead me to find the solution.
Best for Hunting
Allann

Return to Technical Questions