MAXQDA

Timestamps disappeared from all transcripts

08.06.2023, 19:11

I just had a situation where the timestamps vanished from one transcript and a couple (but were fine in other transcripts) and then the timestamps vanished for all transcripts across all projects.

Here's what happened:
* timestamp exist in transcript 1.b
* I had two versions of transcript 1 (transcript 1.a and 1.b were run through different transcription software)
* worked on transcript 1.b
* deleted transcript 1.a
* timestamps vanished
panic
* look at other transcripts. Timestamps were fine in other transcripts (2.b, 3.b, etc)
* re-import transcript 1.b (not 1.a) as a new transcript 1.c
* timestamps reappeared in 1.b
a few hours go by
* timestamps for all transcripts disappeared

Help!
OS is Mac 13.3.1

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Mac OS X 12.x (Monterey)
Lucretia

Re: Timestamps disappeared from all transcripts

08.06.2023, 19:19

Never mind! someone emailed me the solution. My timestamps somehow got turned off in the settings!
Lucretia

Re: Timestamps disappeared from all transcripts

09.06.2023, 14:09

Dear Lucretia,

Thank you for your question. We are glad to hear that you were able to resolve this quickly. For anyone else who might be looking for a solution, this might help:

It is possible that the file containing your user settings might be corrupted. To rule this out, please reset your user settings as follows:

- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the MAXQDA interface
- Navigate to "User interface" and choose "Reset interface settings"
- MAXQDA will need to restart

Please be aware that due to this your list of recently opened projects will be emptied. Your MAXQDA project files remain untouched at the location they were saved at and can be opened through "Open existing project" > "other project" > "OK".

Best wishes,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Return to Technical Questions