MAXQDA

Word/phrases/ paragraphs counter

09.11.2022, 06:25

Hi ,

Is there a tool in maxqda that can show me the number of words or phrases or paragraphs which are involved in specific code , in other words I want to count how many words or phrases or paragraphs that I selected for one code (not frequency or documents )
For example: I have these codes and I want to know how many words/phrases/paragraphs are in environment code and the same for society code.
- Code 1: environment
- Code 2: society

Thank you.

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 8
raja

Re: Word/phrases/ paragraphs counter

09.11.2022, 17:02

Hello,

There are two tools that might be helpful for you:

Code Coverage: You can analyse what percentage of a text is coded with a specific code. However, you can also set "percentage" to "none" so that you see the total number of characters coded with this code in a specific segment or in total.

Also you can have a quick look this way:
- Activate all Documents
- Activate only the respective codes
- In the list of Coded Segments, click on "Word Cloud"
- In the Word Cloud now click on "Word Frequencies"
Here you will find the total number of words in the top left and the number of unique words in the top right of the word frequency window.

I hope this helps! If not, or in case of any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Re: Word/phrases/ paragraphs counter

09.11.2022, 18:30

hi,

the first method was helpful

thank you very much.
raja

Return to Technical Questions