MAXQDA

Selecting/coding images in PDFs on Mac issues

01.06.2022, 16:31

I am coding a long PDF that has both text and images (bar graphs) using MacOS (Monterey 12.4) with an Apple Magic Trackpad. Selecting text is very easy, but clicking and dragging to select images is unusually difficult. Sometimes it shows the yellow selection box right away, which is what it's supposed to do. Other times, I have to try repeatedly and move the cursor around until it works.

The issue is not because I'm trying to click and drag in an area that has text -- I'm keeping the cursor well away from text when I start the click and drag.

The selection behavior/failure is very unpredictable and there's no way to make it behave consistently just by clicking and dragging. Is there some way to initiate selecting an image that I'm not aware of, for example, a button onscreen or a key combination I should be pressing? Or is this a bug?

Thanks and best wishes to anyone who can help.

Version: MAXQDA 2022
System: Mac OS X 12.x (Monterey)
JayInNH

Re: Selecting/coding images in PDFs on Mac issues

03.06.2022, 09:41

Hi JayInNH,

Thank you for posting here.

This behavior seems to be limited to macOS. We have involved our development team who will look further into it and try to improve it.

Kind regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Return to Technical Questions