MAXQDA

Max won't open URGENT

16.05.2022, 12:13

Hi,
This is the latest in my troubles with MAX at the moment.
I am using the portable version of MAX 18 Analytics Pro.
I cannot open MAX today. I'm at uni and have tried on different computers I keep getting an error message (attached).
I used it all day from home without any issues. When I finished work, I locked the USB the programme is on, and safely removed it, everything I normally do.
Now if the issue is with the USB flash drive:
How to I reinstall the programme onto a new USB flash drive properly and safely (in words that can be understood by a non-techy person please!).

If the issue is not the USB flash drive, what else can it be?

Many thanks,
Anne-Laure

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
Attachments
Error message MAX 16 May.jpg
Error message
Error message MAX 16 May.jpg (39.9 KiB) Viewed 18864 times
Anne-Laure

Re: Max won't open URGENT

16.05.2022, 13:44

Dear Anne,

Thank you for your question!

This problem is likely connected to your USB license (as you mention it in the other post) and we gladly help you to reinstall it. Also, it could be that the project file has been damaged. In this case, we also gladly investigate the case and try to repair the file. Please contact the support team directly and we will help you with both your issues personally. https://www.maxqda.com/function-support

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Re: Max won't open URGENT

16.05.2022, 13:54

Thanks, I've just contacted them (by the way, the drop down menu asking which version of Max you use only includes 2022 and 2020... ). Let's see......
Anne-Laure

Return to Technical Questions