MAXQDA

Teamwork - Comments import?

19.03.2022, 05:56

Hi there,

I have a question about the functionality of the teamwork component. I want a 2nd coder working on a separate laptop to add comments (specifically, a numerical identifier) to each code, and then I want to import the comments back into my main project. My question is, when I import their exchange file back into the main project, will the comments be carried across as well? I can only see that coded segments, memos and variables might be shared, but the manual doesn't mention comments at all. Would these be lost if I followed this procedure?

Thank you,

Shelley

Version: MAXQDA 2022
System: Windows 11
lawson.shelley@gmail.com

Re: Teamwork - Comments import?

21.03.2022, 13:04

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for posting here.

Comments can only be added to coded segments and they will be transferred via Teamwork Import/Export. You can read more about comments here in our online manual:
https://www.maxqda.com/help-mx22/05-coding/creating-comments-for-coded-segments

If you wish to add additional information for codes, you could use code memos that are transferred via Teamwork Import/Export as well.

Here in our research blog you can read about the difference between memos and comments:
https://www.maxqda.com/blogpost/memos-comments-paraphrases-summaries

We hope this helps!

Kind regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,
Maren
Last edited by Maren_eng on 22.03.2022, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Re: Teamwork - Comments import?

22.03.2022, 08:49

Thank you! That is helpful.

Regards,

Shelley
lawson.shelley@gmail.com

Return to Technical Questions