MAXQDA

Grey screen Mac-book air

16.02.2022, 15:28

Hello,

I have a problem, the screen where my text in PDF is turned gray on my two computers. The PDF no longer appears, but I still have my codes, however I cannot continue to code my text. I saw on the forum that this problem has already happened with Catalina.

I'm working on two Macs, an I-Mac that runs Catalina and my Mac-book air that was with Big Sur, but I updated for Monterey yesterday hoping that will fix the situation. It was not the case.
On my I-Mac I deleted MaxQDA then re-downloaded the app and the PDF came back, but on my Mac-book air this maneuver did nothing.

do you have a way to help me? Pleas

Version: MAXQDA 2022
System: Mac OS X 12.x (Monterey)
nadegeaymon

Re: Grey screen Mac-book air

18.02.2022, 12:44

Hello,

Thank you for your question!

Did you save the PDF file as an external file in your folder for external documents? In this case, it could just be that the connection to the PDF file was lost and you must locate it again. If this is not the case, this could indicate a rare compatibility issue with your MAC or that the project file was damaged due to opening it from a cloud or network drive.

In this case, it would then probably be best to directly contact the support team, so that they can analyse your project file and support ZIP file.

You can find the support form here: https://www.maxqda.com/function-support

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Return to Technical Questions