MAXQDA

Stop cursor from jumping

17.01.2022, 21:39

Dear MaxQDA developers,

Could you please stop the cursor from jumping in these two instances?:

1) When i click on a code, in order to code a selected section of text, the cursor always jumps back up to the beginning of that text section. This is a problem when coding larger segments of text, because i then always need to scroll down and search where i stopped reading the given text section, after each time of adding a code.

2) When i use the Search function within my list of codes, in order to find certain code-names, and then click on a code to add it to a selection of text, the search bar always jumps back up to the first result. This is a problem because i then need to keep clicking the "down" arrow again in the search results, in order to return to the code which i had previously reached.

Hope this description is clear. Please let me know if any clarification is needed.

Thank you.

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 11
Last edited by lauri on 02.02.2022, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
lauri

Re: Stop cursor from jumping

19.01.2022, 14:22

Dear Lauri,

Thank you for reporting these issues. We will contact you as soon as the issues have been tested and verified, or if we need any further information.

With kind regards,

MAXQDA Support Team
Aikokul

19.01.2022, 15:51

Dear Lauri,

Our testers were not able to reproduce the reported problems on all available systems. Would it be possible to send us a short screen video to tickets@maxqda.de? You can simply send us a direct email referencing this forum post.

Thank you!

Best regards

MAXQDA Support Team
Aikokul

30.01.2022, 16:38

Thank you for the quick response.

I will try to send you a video later. However, you might be able to reproduce the problems, too, because i noticed a key issue:

Namely, the cursors keep jumping in the two ways described above only when clicking on a code in the Code System, in order to attach that code onto a selected text section. In contrast, the cursors do not jump when dragging a code from the Code System onto a selected text section.

Are you able to reproduce these problems now?
lauri

19.02.2022, 09:15

Hi, were you able to reproduce these cursor-jumping problems when clicking on the codes? Would there be any chance of fixing them?

Thank you.
lauri

21.02.2022, 12:53

Hi lauri,

Thank you for posting here again. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this behavior on our systems thus far.

Would it be possible for you to contact our support team directly and send them a screen recording of the behavior you are describing? That would be really helpful!

You can contact our support team directly via the following form:
https://www.maxqda.com/help-support/onlinesupport

Kind regards,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Return to Technical Questions