MAXQDA

Focus Group Auto-generated Code System

29.11.2021, 23:30

I am puzzled by the functionality of how the code system is auto-generated when importing focus group transcripts.

The Code system is currently organized by document, and within each document are all the speakers that were discovered in the text. That is fine, but I would think it makes more sense to arrange the code system by speaker, and not by document.

For example, if a speaker was a participant in more than one session, I would expect the code system to offer all contributions of that speaker according to activated documents. Like if I want to see every contribution of a single speaker across multiple documents, I should have that ability.

Thoughts?

Version: MAXQDA 2022
System: Windows 11
mhloxton

Re: Focus Group Auto-generated Code System

06.12.2021, 13:43

Dear Matthew,

thank you very much for your thoughts on the Focus Group Import. You are right, at the moment the Speaker codes are organized by document. It would certainly make sense to have an option to organize them in a way that different speakers across several focus groups can be recognized. I have forwarded this to the feedback team.

In the meantime you can use the search function to look for speakers like "Speaker1:" and autocode the found segments with the entire paragraph, to quickly track different speakers across documents.

I hope this helps! Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Return to Technical Questions