MAXQDA

Complex Coding Query - Unexpected Document Activation?

Moderator: srueger

Complex Coding Query - Unexpected Document Activation?

13.08.2021, 22:50

Hi,
I am seeing am activation behavior that was unexpected, and I'm unsure if I just never noticed this before, or I am doing something wrong.

I have a project with 2,224 documents, and I want to see the intersection of two codes in order to populate a document set with the documents in which there are intersections of those two codes.

1. Deactivate all documents
2. Activate code A
3. Activate code B
4. Analysis > Complex Coding Query > Complex Coding Query
5. Observe the two activated codes in the "A" box, Segments found=45
6. All options deselected
7. Click "Start"

Expected result: only documents containing the intersecting codes should be activated, and Retrieved Segments pane should be populated with the documents
Actual result: all 2.224 documents are activated. Retrieved Segments panel contains 44 documents with 45 coded segments

So the Retrieved Segments pane is behaving as expected, but I was expecting only matching documents to be activated.

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
mhloxton

Re: Complex Coding Query - Unexpected Document Activation?

24.08.2021, 11:43

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for letting us know. We were able to reproduce the issue. Our development team is in the process of fixing it. As soon as we have a fix, we will let you know.

Thank you for your patience!

Best regards,

MAXQDA Support Team
Aikokul

Return to Technical Questions