MAXQDA

Unable to open video file

16.07.2021, 05:50

Is there a reason why the video files that are linked to my transcripts will not open in MAXQDA? I have been coding the videos for the past month but today the video file will not open when I select icon in the document browser or right click in the document system. Thankfully the code frequencies are appearing so there is something there. When I double click on the transcript to play a clip all I get is the audio sound. The videos that I am working with load up fine in other mp4 players. I have tried the usual restart, check for updates and create a new test project.

If anyone has had this problem before and can provide assistance it would be appreciated.

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
Monty

Re: UPDATE - Still unable to open video file

19.07.2021, 06:34

The IT department at my university seem to think that I cannot see my videos because of a configuration issue with MAXQDA. They have confirmed it is not a monitor display issue or a video player issue. They have also confirmed that the file path to my C: drive is fine. I can still hear the sound from my videos but I cannot see the videos. I have sent my colleague the file and she can see my videos and codes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled MAXQDA and completed all updates.
Monty

Re: Unable to open video file

19.07.2021, 09:02

Dear Monty,

Thank you for posting here! In this case, it should be sufficient to reset your MAXQDA user settings. To do so, please open the user settings of MAXQDA via the gear in the right corner, check the box "Reset user settings" and restart MAXQDA.

Does this help?

Kind regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Re: Unable to open video file

19.07.2021, 11:29

This worked! Thank you so much!
Monty

Return to Technical Questions