MAXQDA

Video Analysis - how to work out duration

08.07.2021, 00:13

Is it possible to find out the time duration that a set of codes have taken up on a video that has been directly analysed with MAXQDA?

I have analysed 12 video recording of classrooms for my PhD. I have analysed each video against codes such as 'teacher talk' and 'student talk'. I now want to find out how much of the lesson that the teacher spoke for and how much of the lesson the students spoke for but I can't work out how to do this on MAXQDA.

Can anyone provide any assistance?

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
Monty

Re: Video Analysis - how to work out duration

08.07.2021, 11:51

Hi Monty,

Thank you for posting here!

Maybe the "Code Coverage" is the tool you are looking for? The code coverage helps you to find out to what extent a document has been coded with a particular code and of course works for videos as well. You can find it under the "Analysis" tab and can read more about it here in our online manual:
https://www.maxqda.com/help-mx20/statistics-and-graphics-functions/code-coverage

We hope this helps!

Kind regards on behalf of MAXQDA,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Re: Video Analysis - how to work out duration

12.07.2021, 08:02

Thank you so much Mauren, I will give this a try!
Monty

Return to Technical Questions