MAXQDA

Merging documents

17.06.2021, 18:08

Hi,

How can I merge several documents into one document without losing coding?
I've tried copy and paste, but it could only copy the words and the color, or are there any ways I can analyze several documents as one?

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Mac OS X 11.0 (Big Sur)
qiu0709

Re: Merging documents

18.06.2021, 10:20

Hello,

Thank you for your question!

There is no function to merge documents with their existing codes. Therefore, it is important to prepare the documents properly before you start coding.

However, there is a work around that might work for you. Please make a backup before you try it!

- Start the edit mode and copy the text of document 1 at the end of document 2
- Also copy the text of document 2 to the beginning of document 1

Now, you should have two identical documents. In one the first and in the other the second half is coded. Now you can use the "Teamwork Export / Import" to transfer the coded segments from one document to another.

I hope this helps! If not, or in case of any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas Müller
Andreas M.

Re: Merging documents

26.03.2024, 15:31

Dear Team!

This might be a follow-up or related question.
I imported a RIS library (Zotero) with PDFs attached to extract the metadata and mark text segments in the PDF files.
Now I want to create a figure that shows the code definitions for the respective years in the metadata.
Can I do this somehow or do I need to merge the PDFs and metadata documents?

Best regards
Kristof
kmeixner

Return to Technical Questions