MAXQDA

Multiple answers Questions

10.06.2021, 18:10

Hi Everyone,
I submitted to some users a survey, using Limesurvey.
One of the questions was a multiple-answer question.
Example: Which colour do you like? Blue, Yellow, Black and While
(each user could pick up to 2 colours)
Limesurvey presents the results in an excel file, for this question there are 4 columns (one per colour) with 1 or 0 if the colour has been picked or not.
I imported it in Maxqda and it reads this as if it was 4 questions (do you like Blue? do you like Yellow? ...) and I see no way to make any statistical analysis on the original question.
I would like to know what is the percentage of selection for Blue and compare its frequency with other answers ...
is it there a way to do it?
Thank you

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
giovbod

Re: Multiple answers Questions

11.06.2021, 09:44

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Yes, MAXQDA interprets the Excel file following the same logic for multiple answer questions as the original Excel file. "four columns with 0 and 1" is exactly as you say "as if it was 4 questions", which you also see reflected in MAXQDA.

Here, using the statistics for document variables will probably be helpful. You can have a look at this function here: https://www.maxqda.com/help-mx20/statistics-and-graphics-functions/frequency-tables-and-diagrams-for-variables

I hope this helps! Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Return to Technical Questions