MAXQDA

Cannot Create New Document Group Memos

16.04.2021, 18:22

Hi all,
I have been using MaxQDA for about 6 months now and for awhile I had no trouble whatsoever creating new document group memos. In the last month or two I have had issues, where I will double click the memo column next to a document group to create a new memo and it will not do anything. There is no response. I don't know why this is is happening. The document groups usually have no more than 10 documents in them (usually closer to 3). But I do have nearly 200 document groups. Could someone please help me understand why I cannot create new document group memos? I have also tried using the "all memos" and "overview of memos" buttons under the memo menu, but neither of those seem to give me the option of converting a document or free memo into a document group memo. Please advise. Thanks!
Nora

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
NoraDevlin

Re: Cannot Create New Document Group Memos

19.04.2021, 12:58

Dear Nora,

Thank you for posting here! Could you please try if you can still create memos for your document group by right-clicking on the document groups name in the Document System and choosing "Memo" in the context menu? Does this work?

If it doesn't, please try to reset your user settings to see if that helps. To do so, please
1) Press the windows-key + R and enter the following path: %APPDATA%\MAXQDA 2020
2) Delete the files "MAXQDA2020.ini" (if you can't see the file extension, look for the column/value "type/configuration settings"), "MAXQDA2020.prp" and (if existing) "MAXQDA2020.ini.LOCK"

This will not delete any of your data – only the list of recently opened projects will be cleared, window arrangements reset, and entered search terms in the lexical search will be deleted.

If you are still not able to create memos for your document groups, would it be possible for you to contact our support team directly? You can contact our team via the following form:
https://www.maxqda.com/help-support/onlinesupport

Kind regards on behalf of MAXQDA,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Return to Technical Questions