MAXQDA

Twitter Sentiment Analysis

03.03.2021, 16:29

I installed the 20.04.0 release and eager to try the new Twitter sentiment analysis.
However, when I click the Sentiment Analysis icon, it shows all tweets as neutral sentiment, and 0 positive words, 0 negative words.

I retried with #metoo tweets, since one might expect some sentiment there, and then retried with Cuomo and #MAGA, both of which on inspection have a LOT of sentiment. - But I get the same - 100% neutral, 0 pos, 0 neg.

Is there something I am meant to switch on first, or some configuration setting I need to change?

-M

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
mloxton

Re: Twitter Sentiment Analysis

09.03.2021, 09:26

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your post! After installing the update to MAXQDA 20.4.0. you should be able to use the Sentiment Analysis without having to switch something on first. We have tried it with the hashtags you mentioned and are getting results from positive to negative.

Could you try to reset your user settings? To do so, please
0) Open the finder
1) Press Windows-Key + R
2) Type in the following and click “OK”: %appdata%/MAXQDA2020
3) Delete the files "MAXQDA2020.prp" "MAXQDA2020.ini" and "MAXQDA2020.ini.LOCK" (if existing)
4) Open MAXQDA.

If this doesn't help, would it be possible for you to contact us via the support contact form (https://www.maxqda.com/help-support/onlinesupport) directly and send us your MAXQDA2020_Support.zip?

Kind regards on behalf of MAXQDA,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Re: Twitter Sentiment Analysis

09.03.2021, 23:24

Hi Maren.
Thanks, I tried that and it still shows no neg or pos, only neutral.
I will log a support ticket, as suggested

Best
Matthew
mloxton

Return to Technical Questions