MAXQDA

Two questions

16.02.2021, 10:24

Hi!

I have two technical questions related to easier and more effective coding.

1) Is there a way to isolate those respondents that have a particular code more than once? (I analyze open ended survey questions). In this research I'm interested how many respondents said this and that so one code multiple times in a same document is a mistake. But since there can be hundreds of coded segments, its difficult to locate the mistake.

2) Is there a way to "hide" all other codings when coding with new codes? After lot of coding the window can be a quite mess, full of codes. It could be handy if I could hide those other codes.

Thank you very much!

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
heran8

Re: Two questions

19.02.2021, 11:48

Hi Heran,

thank you for your question! Yes, there are solutions to both your questions:

1) Right Click on a Code and select "Transform into Document Variable". Now a variable is created that will contain the frequency of this code as a value. Now go to "Mixed Methods > Activate Documents by Variables" select the variable you created and set the value however you want it. For example: "positive response > 1"

2) Right click in the grey space between the coding stripes in the document browser. Here you have many options what codes you want to see. For example, only activated codes, or codes of a specific colour or coder. This way you can show only the codes that you are currently interested in.

I hope this helps! If not, or in case of any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Re: Two questions

23.02.2021, 14:58

Thank you so much.
heran8

Return to Technical Questions