MAXQDA

Remove single word coding

09.02.2021, 13:49

In a set of 100+ documents (.doc, .docx and .pdf), I ran a lexical search for the term polic* and manually blocked police (but kept policies and policy*). I then accidentally ran an autocode (code: policy) and coded single words instead of sentences. When I later discovered this error, I re-ran the lexical search and the autocode with coding of sentences instead of single words. I believed this would have expanded the original coding segments from word to sentence.

However, I now see that I have both: policy now is coded for both a sentence and a single word within the sentence. I realize I could have deleted the policy code before running the intended procedure, but it is too late for that now. I could still delete the code and re-run the intended procedure, but I was wondering if it is possible to delete the first (erroneous) coding while keeping the second (intended) coding?

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
hakonf

Re: Remove single word coding

12.02.2021, 16:11

Hello,

Thank you for your question!
You can use the "undo" button if you notice your error immediately. However, when you notice it later the best solution is to delete the entire code and run the search and coding again.

I hope this helps! I Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Re: Remove single word coding

17.02.2021, 22:41

Thanks for confirming my suspicion.
hakonf

Return to Technical Questions