MAXQDA

Undo Merge Codes

09.11.2020, 22:01

Hello all! Relatively new to MAXQDA - wondering if it is possible to undo merge codes. They were merged a few days ago and show (+).

Thanks!

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)
jbutler8

Re: Undo Merge Codes

11.11.2020, 13:18

Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Unfortunately, there is no option to unmerge codes you have merged a few days ago. But if you want to return to a previous version of your project file, please check your backups. MAXQDA creates per default automatic backups in your "Documents" folder under "MAXQDA 2020 - Backups". Maybe there is a Backup with the Code System you want to go back to?

Best regards in behalf of MAXQDA,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

11.02.2021, 19:40

For goodness sakes, MAXQDA, could you please offer a warming text box with a "are you sure you want to merge codes?" message? I simply dragged a code accidentally and now have merged codes - that for reasons that blow my mind - cannot be unmerged. As a result, I have to redo about an hour of coding. Thank goodness I'm still relatively early in my analysis.

This is a ridiculous lack of functionality to unmerge something that has been merged. Please figure this out.

Jessica
JDKMValley

15.02.2021, 13:41

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your post! Sorry for the misunderstanding – you can of course unmerge codes. You can do so via the undo function in MAXQDAs toolbar.

It is unfortunately not possible to undo any changes (like merging codes) that were made a few days ago as the undo memory is cleared. But you can of course undo changes like merging codes directly after merging them.

Kind regards,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Return to Technical Questions