MAXQDA

First Character MISSING in Coded Segments

21.10.2020, 17:44

I noticed that sometimes when I insert new timestamps in a transcript that has been coded, the coded segment gets changed where the first character is no longer part of the coded segment.

For example, let's say I have the sentence "The sky is blue" coded. The coded segment then becomes "he sky is blue". This change actually occurs throughout the rest of the coded transcript as well.

Is there a way to fix this?

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)
sh_research

Re: First Character MISSING in Coded Segments

22.10.2020, 09:54

Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

We have already forwarded this issue to our IT department for analysis and troubleshooting. Would it be possible for you to send us a ticket so that we can contact you directly in case further information and data are needed from you? You can do it via this webpage: https://www.maxqda.com/function-support

We hope to tackle this issue asap.

With best regards from MAXQDA

Aikokul
Aikokul

18.12.2020, 20:26

Hello,
My name is Otilia Lampman and I too have a similar issue. When looking at coded segments in the retrieval window, some of the words are garbled/ unreadable/turn into weird characters. (This is carried over when downloaded into Excel or Word.)
OtilaR.Lamp

22.12.2020, 12:11

Hi Otilia,

Thank you for posting here!

Would it be possible for you to contact our functional support team directly so we can look further into this? It would be great if you could write a ticket via the following form and also send our team your project file for analyzing: https://www.maxqda.com/function-support

Kind regards on behalf of MAXQDA,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Return to Technical Questions