MAXQDA

export and import code system

16.10.2020, 10:33

Dear all
I'm having problems with the " Export code system" function.
Instructions seem easy, saying " go to the Codes tab and select Export Code System. The “Code System” will be converted into a specific file format with the extension MTR. You can then import the “Code System” into a new MAXQDA project with the corresponding procedure Import Code System."
The problem is: where is such "export code system" option? I cannot find in the codes tab or elsewehere in the program.
I only managed to export the code system (as well as variables) in excell format but apparently it is not in the right format to be directly imported in another maxqsa project.
I am using the 2018 version for portable system (usb 1 GB memory). I did not have such problems with previous versions I used in the past.

thanks

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
daniela cherubini

Re: export and import code system

16.10.2020, 11:12

Dear Daniela,

thank you for your question! This function might be a little hard to find. In MAXQDA2018 it is in the "Codes" tab in the right corner. I highlighted it here:

I hope this helps! Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas
Andreas M.

Return to Technical Questions