MAXQDA

Code execution error on new install

10.09.2020, 16:14

Hello,
I searched the forum for my specific issue, but did not find anyone asking the same question. Please re-direct me if this is answered elsewhere.

I have newly installed MAXQDA for Windows and on opening the program for the first time the program does not open and gives the following error message:

"The code execution cannot proceed because MF.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I have re-downloaded the most recent MAXQDA version twice, with the same error each time.

Does anyone have any insights, is this a MAXQDA download package/installer issue, or is this a Windows 10 issue? My University IT has said it is an issue with the software and directed me here, but I'm not sure I trust them. I am on University hardware, so my ability to make changes may be limited, but any assistance is welcomed.

My system information:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise N
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
RM-MedAnthProf

Re: Code execution error on new install

15.09.2020, 14:09

Hello RM-MedAnthProf,

Thank you for your post! For any questions or issues regarding the installation process we kindly ask you to contact our technical support directly and our colleagues will gladly try to help you!

You can contact our technical support directly via the following form:
https://www.maxqda.com/license-support

Kind regards from MAXQDA,
Maren
MAXQDA support team
Maren_eng

Return to Technical Questions