MAXQDA

Licence Renewal - Older Projects

15.06.2020, 14:56

Hi, my licence ends today and I just bought another one. I had a 2018 licence and now I got a 2020. Do I need to update/download another version of the program? If I do update/download another version, will my 2018 projects function correctly? How do I insert my new licence number?

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
jessmax

Re: Licence Renewal - Older Projects

16.06.2020, 14:37

Hi,

After purchasing the license, you should have received an e-mail with download links to the installation file and the guide for license activation from our customer service. Just check your emails (a spam folder) once again, and if you are still unable to find it, please contact our customer service. They will then provide you with all the necessary information depending on your type of license and operating system: https://www.maxqda.com/contact/verbi-software

Concerning your other question, yes, you can open the projects created with MAXQDA 2018 in MAXQDA 2020 without any issues. To do so, please follow these steps:

- Start MAXQDA 2020 and select Open Project in the start window.
- If the MAXQDA project is greyed out, change the file type in your Mac or Windows dialog window to MAXQDA 2018.
- Select the mx.18 project you wish to open and click “open”
- MAXQDA automatically converts your projects to mx.20 files. Depending on the size of your original mx.18 projects, the conversion may take a few minutes.

I hope, this helps!

Best regards,

Aikokul
Aikokul

Return to Technical Questions