MAXQDA

Document url export?

26.05.2020, 15:08

Is there an elegant way to capture the bibliographic metadata of documents imported via the MAXQDA webcollector so they can be exported as a RIS file or reported in a spreadsheet?

It would be very useful to be able to generate a reference list that shows bibliographic details such as collection date, url, title. These are captured automatically in a document memo when any document is collected with the MACQDA Web Collector, but aren't seen by MAXQDA as document variables at present (as far as I can see)

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
mloxton

Re: Document url export?

27.05.2020, 10:27

Hi,

You're right. There is currently no such feature that does exactly what you suggest - that sounds very interesting and practical indeed. We are happy to take it to our feature wish-list! The only thing that comes in mind as a workaround (which I am sure you have already thought about) is manually coding the corresponding bibliographic details in the collected webpages, transforming those codes to variables, and getting the dataset (Variables > List of Document Variables) exported to Excel. Hm, maybe, other users know more elegant ways?

Best regards from MAXDQA,

Aikokul
Aikokul

27.05.2020, 14:48

Thanks, I didn't think of converting the code to a variable, and could add that as a more elegant method to how I got around the issue.

I converted all the memos into documents* (pity there is no bulk option for that), then used lexical search for "https" and auto-coded the results as a new code. That made it possible to get a basic bibliography with the document title and url and last accessed date.

* One small shortcoming of the lexical search of memos, is that there is no option to code or auto-code text within a memo, so memos had to be converted to documents to do that. I have often wished that I could code segments inside memos!
mloxton

22.06.2020, 12:06

Thanks for such an informative share!
Sushantingle

21.08.2020, 11:05

Excellent thread! Thank you! best rifle scope
Raveeshw

Return to Technical Questions