MAXQDA

Creating Code Maps for all codes

14.04.2020, 02:40

Hi,

I am using content analysis methodology with a predefined set of 19 codes to reveal the connections/ non-connections between three variables (the codes being split between these three variables). I am wanting to create network diagrams that show connections between variables, variables with no connections, or where variables don't exist for each of my cases.

Is it possible to create code maps that have all my 19 codes represented even if there some don't co-occur or even exist within a document?

I have been trying but it is removing the codes that don't have any co-occurrences.

Is there something I am missing in using the code map interface? Or is this a feature request?
Thanks
Karin

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave)
KarinB

Re: Creating Code Maps for all codes

17.04.2020, 18:47

Hi,

Instead of using pre-defined model templates (like a code co-occurrence model), I would suggest you looking into free maps, which enables you to import any of your codes, memos, documents, coded segments or other free objects regardless their connections or occurrence in your documents. For this, just lick the New Map icon on the Start tab of MAXMaps and a new empty map (workspace) will be automatically created for you. Then right-click the empty workspace on the map and select "Insert activated codes" (don't forget to pre-activate your codes). This way, all your activated codes will be placed on your workspace. You can ultimately create any linkages between your codes, as well as import connected coded segments, memos, co-occurring codes or subcodes. Please visit our online manual to find out what else you can do with your maps:
https://www.maxqda.com/help-mx20/maxmaps/objects-in-maxmaps

Is it what you are looking for?

Best regards,

MAXQDA support team
Aikokul

Return to Technical Questions