MAXQDA

Linking codes to memos only works for Quick Access codes

Moderator: srueger

Linking codes to memos only works for Quick Access codes

28.02.2020, 11:25

I tried to drag a code to the "linked codes" section of a memo, but it didn't work. I then proceeded to try it with the "Link to code" menu inside the memo, which then gave me a warning that the quick access list is emtpy.

Why is it not possible to link codes to memos that are not part of the quick access list? Is this on purpose? Because I don't see why this would be the case. So for me this seems to be a bug.

I'm also happy to make this a feature request, if necessary.

NOTE: This seems to only appear for MAXQDA 2018 (not the 2020 version, there it works as expected)

Version: MAXQDA 2018
System: Windows 10
SHilser

Re: Linking codes to memos only works for Quick Access codes

04.03.2020, 10:21

Dear SHilser,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue! Since there is a warning about the empty quick list, it's not a bug, but rather (in comparison to version 20) a missing feature that has now been implemented in the newest version, however, there will not be any new features added to version 18, sorry.

Kind regards,

Andreas
Andreas V.

Return to Technical Questions