MAXQDA

Import Documents from Excel Spreadsheet

12.02.2020, 21:29

Perhaps I am mis-remembering, but I thought that using the Import> Documents from Excel Spreadsheet function allowed the document memo to be imported like the Import Codes and Memos from Excel Spreadsheet function works.

If I import documents from Excel, and my sheet has a column for Document Group, Document Name, and Document Memo, I expected the memo text to be put in the document memo in each case. In actuality, it imports the Document Group and Document Name data correctly, but then sees the Memo as a variable or code

Is there another way to import document memos?

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Windows 10
mloxton

Re: Import Documents from Excel Spreadsheet

24.02.2020, 15:36

Hello Mloxton,

unfortunately it is currently not possible to import document memos from an Excel file. What you are probably remembering is the import option for codes and code memos. You can read more on this here: https://www.maxqda.com/help-mx20/codes-2/importing-codes-and-code-memos-from-an-excel-table

Best regards on behalf of the MAXQDA support team,

Andreas M.
Andreas M.

Return to Technical Questions