MAXQDA

Capability of MAXQDA Analytics Pro to proceed PCA and AC

Moderator: srueger

Capability of MAXQDA Analytics Pro to proceed PCA and AC

16.01.2020, 11:35

Hello :D ,

I am conducting a questionnaire survey in addition to semi-structured interviews. This survey will soon be completed and I would therefore like to be able soon to analyse quantitatively.

Each answer is stored in the same Excel file: each row represents the answers of one respondent (one row = a respondent). Each column corresponds to a question.

I know that with MAXQDA Analytics Pro I have the options to analyze my survey data directly with MAXDA variables or to make use of the special statistical module (MAXQDA Stats).

My question is: Do you know if it possible to proceed to Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Correspondance Analysis (AC), etc. with MAXQDA Analytics Pro? :?:

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Have a great day.

Sophie-Anne

Version: MAXQDA 2020
System: Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave)
SAO

Re: Capability of MAXQDA Analytics Pro to proceed PCA and AC

21.01.2020, 10:37

Hello Sophie-Anne,

Thank you for your question!

I've consulted with a MAXQDA expert on this particular issue. Unfortunately, MAXQDA Stats does not yet support the application of multivariate statistics including PCA and CA. Perhaps, you may consider using a special statistics software along with MAXQDA to perform certain statistical tests.

Best regards on behalf of MAXQDA support team,

Aikokul
Aikokul

Re: Capability of MAXQDA Analytics Pro to proceed PCA and AC

29.01.2020, 15:25

Hello Aikokul,
Ok, thank you for your answer.
Best regards,
Sophie-Anne
SAO

Return to Technical Questions